Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Pearl Jam is bringing their music back to Europe and we have all the info you need to get Ten Club tickets. Starting August 13 in Rotterdam and ending August 18 in London, Pearl Jam will grace the stage in the following cities:
PEARL JAM IN EUROPE
Date - City - Venue
13 Aug - Rotterdam - Ahoy*
15 Aug - Berlin - Wulheide**
17 Aug - Manchester - MEN Arena***
18 Aug - London - 02 Arena***
Ten Club is offering pre-sale tickets to active members only. You must be an active member as of April 26th to qualify for the pre-sale. This pre-sale will be restricted to European members only from April 27-29. On April 30, the pre-sale will open to ALL active members of the Ten Club.
Beginning April 27th, Ten Club tickets can be purchased online athttps://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or Mastercard only. No phone orders. Ticket prices will vary. Ten Club tickets are available while supplies last. The pre-sale will end May 5th at 3:00pm Pacific Time. For wheelchair accessible seating, please make your ticket purchase online, then contact email@example.com for details. Eligible Ten Club members are allowed to purchase two (2) tickets per show. No single tickets are sold.
*No "Early Entry" for Ten Club members at Rotterdam Ahoy.
**Special "Early Entry" for Ten Club members at Berlin Wulheide. Details upon confirmation.
***For the Manchester MEN Arena show and the O2 Arena show, members can purchase either Reserved or Standing tickets. Reserved tickets are allocated by seniority. Standing tickets will be on the floor (no early entry for these shows).
Please read the following details before making a ticket purchase:
- Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are distributed at the venue on the day of the show.
- The fan club member must collect the tickets with a valid photo identification. No exceptions.
- Purchasing Ten Club tickets means you agree to all Ten Club ticket policies and distributing procedures.
- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and revocation of all future ticket benefits.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No transfers. No exchanges.
- All dates are subject to change.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public on May 8th. Visit these links for details
Manchester- http://www.livenation.co.uk/ and http://www.men-arena.com/
Questions about Ten Club tickets can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800-724-8038 (international phone rates may apply).
Thanks and enjoy the shows!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
OK, probably not, but that was a guess from joostone and Hinny, that was good enough to get a post from me.
In the meantime, pearljamonline, is compiling all of the rumors surrounding what they're calling "LP9." Here is the tracklisting as dropped by band members in recent interviews.
They have a reputation for good reporting, and the collection of rumors and random album information is impressive, so check it out.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Tweet! - Postby Sea » 24 Apr 2009 13:01
A little birdy flew from across the pond, landed on our window sill and twittered that it's always a good idea to have your Ten Club memberships up-to-date, especially by April 26th. Then he hopped his little jet-lagged body to a tree to take a nap.
Thank you, given2fly23, for watching the official forum.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Dear Kind Listeners……
It is mid-December here in Seattle (and most places I imagine), and I find myself compelled to reach out and offer a few words to those of you who have generously supported us over the years…..
Specifically, we felt the need to let you know that the Christmas Single has been recorded(!) Earth shaking news, we know. Goodness gracious….
But truly it is something we take pride in and both sides have turned out pretty cool… However, we also like the idea that you would all receive the Christmas Single by Christmas…Perhaps this is based on the fact that it’s called the CHRISTMAS Single…….
Aahh well….it’s taking longer to make vinyl records these days…. We are currently snowed in as the weather has turned extreme, bordering on the bizarre…and we’ve been hammering away on some NEW STUFF that understandably took priority….
So please accept an apology, as it’s delivered with respect. If it helps to accept it, we can say with some bias, that these songs are gonna be cool even if they don’t arrive until Valentine’s Day…or Saint Patrick’s Day…4th of July?….
Make sure you check out the full letter. Eddie asks for your support and advocacy while you wait.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Whatever, I just want to spread the word about some free ice cream!!
Monday, April 20, 2009
October 2-4, 2009
Austin City Limits Silly PJ Confirmation Pictureby: Kathy DavisApril 20, 2009
Though the official Austin City Limits website are making the 2009 lineup announcement on April 28th, for a brief time they had the below unnecessarily cryptic but silly picture on their lineup webpage:
Cute. I’m still not going, I’ll just watch it on PBS next season.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Thank you, dimejinky99, for the scans.
It appears as though Ed is a confirmed guest at the Atlanta Film Festival tomorrow evening. If you have tickets to The People Speak, you might catch a glimpse.
World Premiere Red Carpet Event
Opening Night Gala
Thursday, April 16 at 7:30 p.m.
The People Speak
Director/Producers: Chris Moore, Howard Zinn and Anthony Arnove, USA, 120 minutes
Inspired by Howard Zinn’s revolutionary book, A People’s History of the United States, The People Speak film brings together actors Josh Brolin, Marisa Tomei, Danny Glover, Jasmine Guy, Viggo Mortensen, Kerry Washington, Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon, Sandra Oh, Sean Penn, Rosario Dawson, and Don Cheadle, and contains brings history to life by re-create poignant, but unsung milestones in U.S. history, told from oft overlooked points of view of women, minorities, and the oppressed.
These slices of life are woven together with historical clips and dynamic musical performances by Bob Dylan, John Legend, Jackson Browne, Eddie Vedder, Randy Newman, Chris and Rich Robinson, and Bruce Springsteen to create a new paradigm for what keeps our democracy vital. This powerful collection of maverick performances arrives at the conclusion that to challenge authority is the defining characteristic of what it means to be an American.
The Opening Night Gala is presented by Turner, and sponsored by Film Finish, Macquarium. VIP tickets include a pre-reception sponsored by Amnesty International.
Confirmed guests: include Eddie Vedder (musician, Pearl Jam), Josh Brolin (W., No Country for Old Men), Chris Moore (Project Greenlight, producer of Good Will Hunting, American Pie), Howard Zinn (author, The People's History of the United States), Michael Ealy (Barbershop, Their Eyes Were Watching God), Rich Robinson (musician, Black Crowes), and Jasmine Guy (A Different World, School Daze).
All outlet sales are cash only
Thank you, given2fly23, for the catch.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Though it’s due to be released on DVD Tuesday April 14, the documentary “Witch Hunt” is being shown at 7 p.m. Pacific Time on cable network MSNBC. Why should we care? Well, first, it’s an amazing film about falsely accused sex offenders that is executive produced and narrated by Sean Penn. Second, the Pearl Jam song “Long Road” is featured prominently in the film.
About the song’s and Penn’s involvement in the film:
“During the lengthy gestation of “Witch Hunt,” Nachman gave birth to two children. She was eight months pregnant with one of them when she got a voice-mail message from Pearl Jam’s lead singer, Eddie Vedder. For months, she had been sending him notes, asking to use the band’s emblematic song, “The Long Road.” Nachman recalls jumping up and down so much that her husband finally had to ask her to think of the baby.
The filmmakers also pursued Sean Penn for two years, trying to get him to donate his services as the film’s narrator. They received so many e-mails from a mutual friend encouraging them to “keep the faith” that they named their production company KTF Films.
Then one day in 2007, they received a call inviting them to come to Marin County to screen the film for Penn, but got stuck in traffic and arrived just as the screening was ending. Penn emerged from the screening room and, according to Nachman, said, ‘I’m in.’
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Ed Vedder is heading out on another solo run which will kick off on June 8 in Albany, NY and end on July 2nd in Honolulu, HI.
The great New Zealand singer-songwriter - Liam Finn - will open these shows.
we've listened to everyone's input and modified our system to better address everyone's needs. Here's how the ticket pre-sale will work for Ed's tour this time around:
- You must be an active, participating member as of April 7th to qualify for the ticket pre-sale.
- The pre-sale will begin immediately and end April 10th at 5pm Pacific Time.
- This pre-sale opportunity is available to active US and Canadian members only. (We apologize to our overseas members.)
- Tickets for the pre-sale can be purchased only at http://www.tenclub.net/max with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Each member is eligible to purchase only ONE PAIR (2 tickets) to ONE confirmed show on the tour. (No single tickets will be sold.)
- Ten Club tickets for the EV solo tour will NOT be seniority based.
- Tickets are being held in unspecified locations throughout the venues.
- Tickets will NOT be mailed out in advance. All tickets will be distributed at will call on the evening of the performance. Valid photo ID is required for pickup.
- Only the Ten Club member who purchased the tickets will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.
- You will make your show selection , but this DOES NOT guarantee you will have tickets to the show. You are establishing the OPPORTUNITY to buy tickets only. Your credit card will be "authorized" but funds will not be captured unless you are selected. (These funds may not be available to you for a period of time determined by your card issuing bank. To avoid having immediate funds held by your bank, we suggest NOT using a debit card for the ticket purchase, or maximizing your credit limit on a credit card.)
- Once the pre-sale has ended, we will randomly select members to buy the tickets and finalize the ticket purchase.
- A confirmation will be sent out once the selection process has ended, prior to the public on-sale, so you will know if you were successful in securing tickets through the Ten Club ... or not.
- If you are unsuccessful in obtaining tickets through the Ten Club pre-sale opportunity, we will send an informative email with public on-sale information.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- If you are selected to purchase tickets, you are responsible for payment.
- No exchanges or transfers will be allowed, so make absolutely sure you are able to attend the concert selection.
- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits.
- All dates are subject to change.
- If you require ADA seating, please call 800-724-8038.
- As you know, sometimes additional shows are added to the tour that are not confirmed at the time of the on-sale. We call these "rollover shows." We cannot legally sell tickets during a pre-sale for unconfirmed shows, but we will offer you the OPPORTUNITY to RESERVE one pair of tickets to one (1) "rollover" concert. THIS IS IN ADDITION TO YOUR FIRST CHOICE CONCERT.
- Your credit card will not be charged until the "rollover" show is confirmed, which would happen AFTER the public on-sale date, if your order is selected.
- A confirmation will be sent out if you are selected to purchase tickets for a "rollover" show.
- You will receive an email if your attempt at reserving tickets for the "rollover" shows proves unsuccessful.
- No exchanges or transfers will be allowed, so make absolutely sure you are able to attend both your 1st choice concert and any of the "rollover" concerts you select for purchase.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or 800-724-8038
Ed Vedder Solo Tour Dates:
* Indicates unconfirmed, possible "rollover" dates.
** No kama'aina discount
Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Anyhow, I still kinda want the book, so I was checking out Half.Com to see if I could find it for, well, half price, when I stumbled upon this:
Change Begins Within - First came the tweets. Then came the reviews. Then came the photos.
Mike's Birthday - April 5th. He's 43.
Eddie to appear on Ron Wood's solo album - entitled "More Good News."