Voting is open 11/15-1//17
33. Can’t buy what I want because its free
I don't question our existence/I just question our modern needs
34. Why would you wanna hurt me?/So frightened of your pain
I know I was born and I know that I'll die/the in between is mine
35. I'm like an opening band for the sun.
"Turn the jukebox up," he said/Dancing in irreverence/"Play C3, let the song protest."
36. I've lived all these lives/like an ocean in disguise
One man stands on the edge of the ocean/a beacon on dry land/Eyes upon the horizon/in the dark before the dawn
37. A truant finds home/ and a wish to hold on/But there's a trapdoor in the sun
Behind her eyes there's curtains/ and they've been closed to hide the flames
38. If I knew where it was I would take you there/there's much more than this
Like a tear in all we know/once dissolved we are free to grow
39. Tell the captain this boat's not safe and we're drowning/Turns out he's the the one making waves.
I’ve got memories/I’ve got shit/so much it don’t show
40. Promises are whispered/ in the age of darkness/Want to be enlightened like I want to be told the end
I want to race with the sundown/I want a last breath that I don’t let out
41. All the photographs are peeling, and colors turn to gray
The winded eves and sideways snow/His eminence has yet to show.
42. she lies and says she's in love with him
He still gives his love he just gives it away/The love he receives is the love that is saved
43. If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done.
this broken wheel is coming undone/and the road's exploded
44. Saw things so much clearer/Once you were in my rearviewmirror
I sometimes realize I can only be as good as you'll let me
45. Little secrets, tremors, turned to quake/The smallest oceans still get big, big waves
Things were different then/All is different now/I tried to explain/I hope this works somehow.
46. I just want to hold on and know I'm worth your love/Enough/I don't think there's such a thing.
Blackout weaves its way through the cities
47. And love/what a different life had I not found this love with you.
For every tool they lend us, a loss of Independence
48. Don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved
Oh I will stare the sun down, until my eyes go blind